Virtual Congress FAQ
Please find below a list of frequently asked questions and answers. These have been compiled from questions we have received since the start of the virtual congress.
Access to the virtual congress is now closed. More than 2,900 people joined us online on 4 – 7 July 2020, for the first ever virtual EPA congress, making the event an amazing success. Some of the biggest authorities in psychiatry from around the world presented the latest developments in the field, discussed burning topics like the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on mental health, and answered questions from participants.
EPA 2020 virtual meeting will offer you a full virtual experience and the opportunity to take part in every aspect of the programme, including the chance to:
- Access all presentations and session recordings. Create your own schedule to attend any and all of the sessions whenever and wherever you choose.
- Network with colleagues. Browse the list of participants and click on their name to contact them.
- Earn CME credits. Participate in the scientific programme and be eligible to receive the number of CME credits attributed to the virtual meeting.
- Access all the e-posters. Browse research on the hottest topics published in the congress digital abstract book and connect with the abstract authors and other colleagues from around the world through the e-poster virtual consultations.
- Join the debate. During a live-streamed or recorded session, participate in live conversations with delegates from all over the world.
- Give feedback. Use the short session surveys to rate the sessions and help us improve the overall quality of the programme.
- Visit the virtual exhibition hall. Journey through the exhibition booths, explore the displayed materials, contact exhibitors directly, and chat with other visitors.
To attend the virtual meeting, you need a good internet connection, your device or computer, and a valid registration. You will receive login details a few days prior to the meeting.
Yes. The accepted abstracts of registered authors will be published by Cambridge University Press in an official supplement of European Psychiatry after the congress.
This publication will be open access and available through the CUP website: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/european-psychiatry
No, the slides from the session presentations cannot be downloaded, but you will be able to have the oral presentations of many presenters, where the slides are being shown.
Yes, there will be a virtual exhibition area.
All Pre-Recorded session can be found by clicking “Scientific Session” in the virtual Main Lobby. Once you reach the Congress Calendar you can search a specific session by topic/name or simply browse through the calendar by days.
The Live sessions are being recorded and will be uploaded and shared under “Scientific Sessions” a few hours after the session ends. This with the exception of the courses that are available only for those who pre-registered and paid to attend them.
To attend a course you must pre-register for it. The regular registration fees of the congress include viewing all the live sessions and pre-recorded session, virtual exhibition and networking features. The courses are at extra cost. Click here for more details. You can still register for the courses by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not able to find your e-Poster, please contact the “e-Poster Support” chat, accessible by clicking on “Tech Support” from the main congress lobby . Share the poster name and number in the chat.
In order to view a live session please click on “Live session” in the virtual lobby. A few minutes before the session start you will see a “Join” button to access the live streaming. The live sessions are sorted by date and time. Please note there are a few live session options : Scientific sessions under ‘Live Sessions’, Industry sessions under “Satellite Symposia” and other under “Product Theatre”.
After the congress you will receive an email with a link to our CME survey and Certificate of Attendance. Enjoy the virtual congress!
Every effort has been made to convert the EPA 2020 scientific programme into a fully virtual programme. Thank you to all the presenters who have submitted their recordings in advance. These are available as on-demand webcasts in the interactive programme. Please note that some presenters were not yet able to pre-record their presentations, therefore there are still some sessions with some missing presentations.